Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Ivey[_2_] Mark Ivey[_2_] is offline

Default Extracting data from text file that changes daily

Since you are already building a text file, maybe you could also take the
same data and build a CSV file. This would allow for the file to be opened
in Excel, but would lack formatting features.

Just an idea...

Mark

"mikerobe" wrote in message
I hope I can make this clear. I have written a script to extract data
from a text file to excel based on an applied filter. I wish to do a
daily extract to excel of the same data each day from text files that
are named by date eg 20080319.txt. How might this be possible? The
text files are always located in the same folder.
Thanks for any help.