Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PeteRooney PeteRooney is offline

Default Move to a specific column in whatever row the cursor is curre

Gary,

Thanks for this!

In the line:

Cells(t.Row, "V").Select

could I substitute the variable where I stored the column number of V? The
reason I ask it that if I insert/delete any columns before V, what is in V
won't be in V any more.

Thanks

Pete

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Columns B thru U:

Set t = Target
Set r1 = Range("B:U")
If Intersect(t, r1) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

In the line:
End Sub

Goes in the worksheet code area, not a standard module.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200774

"PeteRooney" wrote:

Good evening, all,

I'm writing a worksheet_change macr that will set a value in column V of the
target row if a change is made in any of the columns B to U.
So, if I make a change in any cell from A15 to U15, I want to select/goto
V15, and so on.
I have stored column V's column number to a variable ("AmendDate"), so that
if I insert/delete any columns, the code will work out where column V has
moved to.
I wrote a piece of code many moons ago that went something like:
Range("R" & target.row & "C" & AmendDate).select
but it doesn't work quite as I want it to... well, it doesn't work at all!
Can anyone suggest a line of code that will work with either the letter
reference of the column (in this case "V"), or ideally, using the column
number variable stored in "AmendDate"?

Thanks in advance for your help. :-)

Pete