Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steven steven is offline

Default Do File Open and default to the MyDocuments dialog box

Thank you Dave. One thing. I put a button on the formatting bar that runs a
macro in a file that only holds macros. At the end of this marco I have a
command to close the macro file w/o saving. But, if I hit the Cancel button
on the Open File Dialog box the macro command to close the macro file is not
processes. How do I still close the macro file even if the Cancel button is
clicked on the Open File Dialog box.

Thank you,

Steven

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

One way:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myDocumentsPath As String
Dim wsh As Object
Dim myFileName As Variant
Dim CurPath As String
Dim wkbk As Workbook

'save the existing current directory
CurPath = CurDir

Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
myDocumentsPath = wsh.SpecialFolders.Item("mydocuments")

'change to the one you want
ChDrive myDocumentsPath
ChDir myDocumentsPath

myFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(filefilter:="Excel Files, *.xls")

'change back to the old directory
ChDrive CurPath
ChDir CurPath

If myFileName = False Then
Exit Sub
End If

'do what you want--open the file???
set wkbk = workbooks.open(filename:=myfilename)

End Sub

Steven wrote:

How do I create a macro to do a File Open and default to the 'My Documents'
dialog box?

Thank you,

Steven

--