Jon Peltier

1004: Method Run of Object '_Application'

Are you using Application.Run anywhere?

Also, this is going to give you problems: Range("c1:c3, d1:d" & lr)

Do you mean Range("c1:d" & lr) ?

This is how your little snippet of code should look. Define the
worksheet-qualified range first, then just use the range variable in
SetSourceData

Sub Test123()
Dim myrange As Range
Dim lr As Long
Dim custname As String

lr = 4
custname = "Sheet1"
Set myrange = Worksheets(custname).Range("c1:d" & lr)
With ActiveChart
.SetSourceData Source:=myrange, PlotBy:=xlColumns
End With
End Sub

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

vrk1 wrote:
Thank you Jon. I need to do this via VBA as this is a client requirement.

I removed the last quote like you suggested and I am getting the following
error:

"Run Time Error 91: Object Variable or withblock variable not set."

I played around with this a bit and also tried replacing the above statement
with the following. But this time, I got a different error "Run Time Error
1004: Method Run of Object '_Application' failed. Can you help please?
Thanks for your time!

Set myrange = Range("c1:c3, d1:d" & lr)
With ActiveChart
.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets(custname).Range(myrange),
PlotBy:=xlColumns
.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:=custname
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = UserForm1.title1 & " - " & custname
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
End With