Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default How to prevent overwriting of file ?

Hi

When you save your Template for the first time, On the Save as dialogue,
use the dropdown on Save as File type to Select Template (.xlt)

When a user clicks on the file to open it, a copy will open, as Book1, Book2
etc.
When they choose Save, they will be prompted to give a name in place of
Book1 etc.
Your Original Template will still be intact.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

wrote in message
Hi, I have created a template in excel. Now a user would work on
that.. and do some work...BUT while saving, I dont want to all
overwrting the template file i.e the template woudl be named as say,
MyTemplate.xls, so as long user is trying to issue a save and is
working on MyTemplate.xls, I want to force Save As, rather than Save.

Please guide me.
Thanks