Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Karan Karan is offline

Default Converting Numbers from a given cell to English Words (Currency)

Dear All,

I have the SpellNumber macro from the following link,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360

It works fine. But, i want some modifications or alterations in the macro.

I need to use the macro for Indian Rupees. I have tried to edit the macro,
it doesn't work. It is designed for dollars and Cents. But, i want for
Rupees in place of Dollars and Paise in place of Cents.

Ex:

Rs. 1,23,45,678.99

Given Amount can be classified as:

..99 = Ninety Nine Paise
8 = Ones
7 = Tens
6 = Hundreds
5 = Thousands
4 = Ten Thousands
3 = Lakhs
2 = Ten Lakhs
1 = Crore

It should be in the format:

Rupees One Crore Twenty Three Lakhs Forty Five Thousand Six Hundred Seventy
Eight and Ninety Nine Paise Only.

Can you'll help me to get this programming right.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers,

Karan.