Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul V.S. Paul V.S. is offline

Default Pivot Chart from database and Excel sheet

Hi Mark...I had very similar issues and what I did what link in the Oracle
database to access and import the spreadsheet files to access....run an
append query to a flat table and use excel to pivot off of that table....

If these users are good at excel, they'll have no problem picking up the
Access piece (not talking about heavy access programming).

Paul

"mark" wrote:

Your IT Dept surely has a utility or process to handle the upload.

The Ops department is very proficient in Excel, and would want to be doing
lots of "what-if" analysis... repeatedly.

As of yet, we haven't opened up the database for write access, to end users,
directly. I could write the whole thing in Excel, or PL/SQL, but without
direct write access to the database from Excel, it wouldn't be as seamless
and flexible as desired.

That was the reason for my query.

If it were possible to combine two ADO recordsets and apply the result to a
Pivot Cache, or an ADO recordset and an array, or something like that... that
would give the users the flexibility they're looking for, without going
through changing IT management's viewpoint on database security.

thanks.