Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Excal, Variant and Range

The following function will return the number of dimensions in an array. It
will return 0 if the variable is not an array or is an unallocated array.

Function NumBounds(V As Variant) As Long
Dim N As Long
Dim LB As Long
On Error Resume Next
Do Until Err.Number < 0
N = N + 1
LB = LBound(V, N)
Loop
NumBounds = N - 1
End Function

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"witek" wrote in message
Hi guys.

Here it is

dim v as variant

v = Range("a1").Value gives me ordinal type of variant v (double,
string ... etc)

v = Range("a1:a5").Value gives me 1-dimensional array

v = Range ("a1:c1").Value gives me 2-dimensional array

sub a (rng as range)
v = rng.value gives me .....?????
end sub

questions

1. does anybody know how to always have 2-dimensional array in v=
rng.value ?

2. Does anybody know how to find dimension of variant if I even don't know
if it is an array

2. Does anybody know how to make 2-dim array from a number or 1-dim
array?

Thanks for help.