Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ZWatts773 ZWatts773 is offline

Default GetSaveAs Issue in Excel 97

I am trying to export 1 sheet to a new workbook with a specific save as
filename. The filename is created by the excel worksheet in a specific cell.
The issue I have now is getting Excel to save the file as an excel workbook.

The following code works except it does not specify file type:

Dim vSaveWeekly As String
vSaveWeekly = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(Worksheets("Week
1").Range("G1"))
If vSaveWeekly = "False" Then
Exit Sub
End If
Application.ThisWorkbook.SaveAs vSaveWeekly

When I add in the file filter I get: "Compile Error: Expected List
Separator or )"

I programmed it as this:
vSaveWeekly = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(Worksheets("Week
1").Range("G1"),"Excel Workbooks *.xlsm)"
,*.xlsm)

Please help, I just need the program to save the file with the specified
name which will always be in the referenced cell, and it needs to be saved as
an Excel 2007 file.