Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Unprotect Sheet with Password Included

You can add the password parameter to both unprotect and protect

e.g
ActiveSheet.Unprotect ("myPassword")
ActiveSheet.Protect ("myPassword")

or you can use a named parameter

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="myPassword"
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="myPassword"

Nigel

"James C." wrote in message

Hoping someone can help. I am trying to create a button that does the
following

1. Unprotects my excel sheet
2. Automatically inserts the unprotect password into the string so the
user
doesn't have to type it. Probably seems odd and a bad use of even having a
password but in the end it makes sense for what I am trying to do.

Right now I am using the following code to unprotect the sheet, but again
it
prompts me for the password instead of automatically inserting it in.

Activesheet.unprotect

Thanks for any help