Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default What's wrong with this code?

Try:

On Error Resume Next
If Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
Else
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
End If
On Error GoTo 0

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"access user" wrote in message
If Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
Else
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
End If

Basically, if the cells in question (either a selection or a range) are
already cleared then I do not want the sub run, otherwise I want it run.
The
above is not trapping that condition as the last line before End If always
runs and brings up the error 'no cells' - I do not want this error to be
shown, just want the code to terminate in that case.

tia
James