Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dimm dimm is offline

Default Copy Data From Excel Into a MSWord Document

Thankyou, that helps a lot, but I have another question. John gives a macro
example for pasting into word as below from Excel, but what if the user has
another instance of Word open apart from my file (myfile.doc).

How do I specify that myfile.doc should be selected instead of any other
open word document?

' Reference existing instance of Word
Set WDApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
' Reference active document
Set WDDoc = WDApp.ActiveDocument
' Reference active slide

' Copy the range
Selection.Copy

' Paste the range
WDApp.Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, DataType:=wdPasteRTF, _
Placement:= wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False

' Clean up
Set WDDoc = Nothing
Set WDApp = Nothing

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

Jon Peltier has some really good information on this topic...

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html