Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1501_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1501_] is offline

Default Error in a "Kill" command

I'm do not see why you have to change the file access to Read Only in order
to delete it, but that shouldn't be your error either. My first thought is
that ThePathDocs variable does **not** end in a backslash (so that when you
concatenate it with TheFile, the resulting filename is an ugly combination
of the last folder in the path and the actual filename).

Rick

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel XP & Win XP
In this snippet of code I am trying to "Kill" 3 files. I get a "Subscript
out of range" error on the "Kill" command with the first file. So I
changed the order of the files in the "For Each.." line and again I get
that error with the first name. This tells me that the problem is with
the "Kill" line. The "ThePathDocs" is the path to the folder that holds
the files. What did I do wrong? Thanks for your time. Otto

For Each TheFile In Array("One.doc", "Two.doc", "Three.doc")
Workbooks(ThePathDocs & TheFile).ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
Kill Workbooks(ThePathDocs & TheFile).FullName