Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Leith Ross[_2_] Leith Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Best format to export Excel Range to picture?? WMF??

On Mar 16, 9:53 am, Marcus wrote:
Hi guys,

I am trying to export an Excel range into "nice picture" format. But
exporting as GIF, the quality is too low (we cannot read the number!).
Instead of GIF, can we save the range as Windows Metafile Picture format?? Or
is my code is wrong? Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance for your expertise!!

Yvan

Please find my code:
Private Sub SaveRangeAsGIF1()
Dim r As Range
Dim varFullPath As Variant
Dim Graph As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set r = Range("a1:v32")
r.Select
' copy with .CopyPicture
Selection.CopyPicture appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlBitmap
' use chart to ease the export and create a chart
Workbooks.Add (1)
ActiveSheet.Name = "inGIF"
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xl3DArea
ActiveChart.SetSourceData r
ActiveChart.Location xlLocationAsObject, "inGIF"
' chart as transition and use .ClearContents
ActiveChart.ChartArea.ClearContents
'paste the chart
ActiveChart.Paste
Graph = Mid(ActiveChart.Name, Len(ActiveSheet.Name) + 1)
' export
varFullPath =
Application.GetSaveAsFilename("C:\Temp\Actuapedia_ CPA_RSLT-" & Format(Now,
"yyyymmddhhnn") & ".gif", _
"Fichiers GIF (*.gif), *.gif")
ActiveChart.Export varFullPath, "GIF"
ActiveChart.Pictures(1).Delete
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
End Sub

Hello Marcus,

Change your CopyPicture Format constant from xlBitmap to xlPicture.
This will copy the chart as a metafile picture.

Selection.CopyPicture appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture

Sincerely,
Leith Ross