Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rpettis31 Rpettis31 is offline

Default file conversion

The file name is then GEN_UNIEK_CNTRMAN_DATE _random number
Therefore I was hoping to use the files properties to open all the files
with the
standard name with a * as a wild card.

So basically is the file name GEN_UNIEK_CNTRMAN_2008-* if so is this file on
this date. I was thinking to run a loop date-= (date=data-1)to go to the
next date to open the next file. The way the program runs it does just the
current date and I have a back log of files in the folder.

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

Do you want to access the files' properties, or just to work with the file
names?

If you want to work with the file names, please explain what the original
format is (GEN_UNIEK_CNTRMAN_2008_15_03_34).

Mark

"Rpettis31" wrote in message
I receive files 2x daily with tracking information that is in a txt
format.
The files come in the name format example GEN_UNIEK_CNTRMAN_2008_15_03_34.
I would like to know how to get the time date stamp to access these files
by
using the GEN_UNIEK_CNTRMAN_2008-* and the date to open these files.

I have code that works to convert the file and save it as an xls.

So I just need to know how to pull these other files that have been stored
for the past year.

Thanks