Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default file conversion

In this example, I am using the variable s4 to hold the _34 as I don't know
how to generate it automatically. The rest of the code shows how to build a
string in the correct format from today's date:

Sub pettis()
Dim s1 As String
Dim s2 As String
Dim s3 As String
Dim s4 As String

s4 = "_34"
s1 = "GEN_UNIEK_CNTRMAN_2008"

mnth = Month(Now)
If mnth 10 Then
s2 = "_" & mnth
Else
s2 = "_" & "0" & mnth
End If

dy = Day(Now)
If dy 10 Then
s3 = "_" & dy
Else
s3 = "_" & "0" & dy
End If

MsgBox (s1 & s3 & s2 & s4)

Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

"Rpettis31" wrote:

I receive files 2x daily with tracking information that is in a txt format.
The files come in the name format example GEN_UNIEK_CNTRMAN_2008_15_03_34.
I would like to know how to get the time date stamp to access these files by
using the GEN_UNIEK_CNTRMAN_2008-* and the date to open these files.

I have code that works to convert the file and save it as an xls.

So I just need to know how to pull these other files that have been stored
for the past year.

Thanks