Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] henryonyeagbako@hotmail.com is offline

Default Display CountA Formula and Text String in a cell

I have the following line of code that inserts into a particular cell
the count of the No. of asset records listed above it plus a text
string declaring " Assets in the selected period" plus it takes the
date value of two variables and formats them and places them in cell
along the text

rng.Formula = "=COUNTA(R[-4]C:R[-1]C)" & "&"" assets Aquired in the
selected period " & "" & Format$(first, "short date") & "" - "" &
Format$(last, "short date")

My problem is that this does not display as i would have liked the
dates are merely displayed as decimal numbers. I have changed the
format of the cell to correct this but that does not appear to alter
anything.

How do i get the cell to display the count for the cells display the
text message and the criteria range in the same cell