Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] chip.gorman@gmail.com is offline

Default Syntax problem with code

I think you actually want ClassType to = Forms.CommandButton.1"

That seems to define the type of button vs. its number/name.

I got the following to work. Notice that I have .Select at the end of
the first

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Comma ndButton.1", _
Left:=l, Top:=t, Width:=w, Height:=h).Select

With Selection
.Object.Caption = "Button " & k + 5
End With

On Mar 15, 2:58 pm, WLMPilot
wrote:
Thanks, but it is still coming up with a syntax error. Here is the current
line, which appears on one line (vs two lines).

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Comma ndButton" & k + 5,
Left:=l, Top:=t, Width:=w, Height:=h)

"JLGWhiz" wrote:
:="Forms.CommandButton." & k + 5

Remove the period after CommandButton.

You want CommandButton6 Not CommandButton.6

"WLMPilot" wrote:

Below is a macro I am testing. I am trying to create 26 command buttons,
starting with Commandbutton6, but a caption starting with number 1.
Something is wrong with the "Activesheet.OLEObject" line and I don't know
what.

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Dim h, w, t, l As Long
Dim k As Integer
h = 21
w = 91.5
l = 50
t = 92
For k = 1 To 26
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Comma ndButton." & k + 5,
Left = l, Top = t, Width = w, Height = h)
.Object.Caption = "Button " & k + 5
t = t + 38
If k = 7 Or k = 14 Or k = 20 Then
l = l + 145
t = 92
End If
Next k
End Sub

Can someone tell me what is wrong? Thanks

One other question. I have seen the syntax similar to what I show below.
If using this syntax, what is "newbutton" DIM as?

Set newbutton = Applicationsheet.OLEObject.Add(Forms.CommandButton ....)

Thanks,
Les