Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Subodh Adarkar Subodh Adarkar is offline

Default InputBox Help

Try This

Sub InputIncTon()
Dim IsIniit As String

IsInit = InputBox("What is the INC/TON?", "INC/TON")

' IsEmpty is Boolean, returns True if variable
'is initialised, False if not.

If IsEmpty(IsInit) = False Then
Worksheets("Credits").Range("G4:G600").Value = IsInit

Subodh
"cottage6" wrote in message
Of course! The solution always looks so easy after it's presented to me
line
by line, until the next time I need to come up with something. Thanks for
your help and have a good day.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Try this...

Sub InputIncTon()
dim strAnswer as string

strAnswer = InputBox("What is the INC/TON?", "INC/TON")
if stranswer < "" then
Worksheets("Credits").Range("G4:G600").value = stranswer
end if

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"cottage6" wrote:

Hi All,
I'm sure this is an easy question for most, except for me! I have an
InputBox that gets a value and then copies the number down. Numbers
will
already be in the
column from the prior week, and could be used again. However, if the
user
invokes the macro by mistake and then clicks "Cancel" the first entry
gets
wiped out. I'm pretty sure I could get around this, but I really want
the
correct way of doing this. Enclosed is my ratty code; help would be
much
appreciated!

Sub InputIncTon()
Sheets("Credits").Select
Range("G4").Select

ActiveCell = InputBox("What is the INC/TON?", "INC/TON")
If ActiveCell = "" Then GoTo GetMeOuttaHere

With Worksheets("Credits")
.Range("G4:G600").FillDown
End With

GetMeOuttaHe