Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Limit open dialog to certain directory

This may give unintended results.

If there's a file named book1.xls in the sGood folder and I choose book1.xls in
a different folder, then bVerify will be true.

And if the developer opens sgood & sfile, then the program wouldn't be opening
the file that the user actually chose. And if the developer opens vSelect, it
wouldn't be in the correct folder.

Jim Cone wrote:

Sub GoodEnough()
Dim sGood As String
Dim sFile As String
Dim vSelect As Variant
Dim bVerify As Boolean
sGood = "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Excel Files\"

vSelect = Application.GetOpenFilename
If vSelect = False Then Exit Sub
sFile = Dir(vSelect)
sGood = sGood & sFile
bVerify = Len(Dir(sGood))
MsgBox bVerify
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

"brittonsm"
wrote in message
I'm trying to understand how to use the open windows dialog command to
open a certain directory - BUT limit the user to only selecting files
to open out of that directory. Possible?

--

Dave Peterson