Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1458_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1458_] is offline

Default convert second word in range to Proper when first variable length - urgent please

Are there **always** initial in front of each name (single names and names
with & between them)? Is there **ever** any other symbol joining compound
names besides & and dash? Do any names have multiple initials with spaces
between them? Any other type of anomalies that you are aware of?

Rick

wrote in message
Hi - thanks for having a look

I have 1 column of names: D (in a many column worksheet) with initials
and surname in upper case e.g. AB PATTERSON or A PATTERSON and I want
the surname only (not initials) as proper.

Also there is the case of two people e.g. AB PATTERSON & B BANJO

and hyphenated names - e.g. AB PATTERSON-POET

How can I have a function or VBA asertain where the surname/s start
and convert.

Hope someone can help

Cheers
Peta