Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DownThePaint DownThePaint is offline

Default F11 Crashes Excel

Hi Kirk;
Sounds like you need to make sure all of the Office Updates have been
applied to your computer. A lot of times applying the patches will fix
problems like this one.

Thanks,

"kirkm" wrote:

In the spreadsheet I'm developing the F11 key is causing concern,
especially if pressed. (Or, when someone presses it...!)

You either get (after Excel struggles a bit) -

Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less
data or close other applications.

Or the much worse -

Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This happens on every computer (tested = 4), not just mine.

I've no idea what F11 is meant to do - but can it be disabled?

Thanks - Kirk