Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default MACRO

The workbook with the macro has to be open.

Dim HotWkbk as workbook
dim HotWkbkWasOpen as boolean
set hotwkbk = nothing
on error resume next
set hotwkbk = workbooks("hot containers.xls")
on error goto 0

hotwkbkwasopen = true
if hotwkbk is nothing then
'it's not open, so open it.
'no checks here--you should add some
set hotwkbk = workbooks.open(filename:="g:\receiving\hot containers.xls")
hotwkbkwasopen = false
end if

application.run "'" & wkbk.name & "'!teresa"

if hotwkbkwasopen then
'leave it open
else
hotwkbk.close savechanges:=false
end if

===
Untested, uncompiled--watch for typos.

Rpettis31 wrote:

This is what I have and keep gettin a runtime 1004 error.
Application.Run ("G:\Receiving\Hot Containers.xls!teresa")

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Application.Run ("yourfilename.xls!yourmacroname")

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rpettis31" wrote:

Is there a way to activate macros from different workbooks. I have several
workbooks I update in the am and was wondering if there was a way to have an
update workbook so to speak and update all the other workbooks from the main
workbook.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson