Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sinner Sinner is offline

Default Generate list of number

On Mar 13, 8:04*am, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
Give this code a try in your Generate button's Click event...

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
* Dim X As Long
* Dim LastColumn As Long
* Dim Number1 As Variant
* Dim Number2 As Variant
* Dim TBox1 As String
* Dim TBox2 As String
* TBox1 = TextBox1.Text
* TBox2 = TextBox2.Text
* If TBox1 Like String(Len(TBox1), "#") And Len(TBox2) < 29 Then
* * Number1 = CDec(TBox1)
* * If TBox2 Like String(Len(TBox2), "#") And Len(TBox2) < 29 Then
* * * Number2 = CDec(TBox2)
* * * LastColumn = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
* * * For X = 0 To Number2 - Number1
* * * * Cells(X + 1, LastColumn + 1).Value = "'" & CStr(Number1 + X)
* * * Next
* * Else
* * * MsgBox "Bad entry in TextBox2"
* * End If
* Else
* * MsgBox "Bad entry in TextBox1"
* End If
End Sub

Rick

"Sinner" wrote in message

I want to generate a list in excel using a simple form.

Start Range:<TEXT BOX
End Range:<TEXT BOX

<Generate button
Start value: 7910050200300078970
End Value: 7910050200300078979

Upon generate, it should generate list like:

7910050200300078970
7910050200300078971
7910050200300078972
7910050200300078973
7910050200300078974
7910050200300078975
7910050200300078976
7910050200300078977
7910050200300078978
7910050200300078979
After first list is generated in columnA, it should move on to next
blank column & generate list for new start/end values and so on.
Would appreciate an excel/VB form solution.- Hide quoted text -

Thx Rick.
Can we make the form float so that I can work on the sheet as well.
Along with error messages that you have put, if you can also include
messages for blank values like it should alert in case one or both the
text boxes are empty.

Thanks alot for your input. Appreciate tht : )