Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Trying to save a worksheet

Option explicit
Sub SaveIt2()

dim fName as string
dim fPath as string

fpath = "c:\temp\"

with activeworkbook
fname = .worksheets("sheet999").range("c15").value _
& format(now, "mmddyyyy_hhmmss") & ".xls"
.saveas filename:=fpath & fname, fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal
end with

End Sub

kennected wrote:

Works great for me Frank but there's always something more, right? Can I
make the contents of a cell a prefix to the date code. In my case the
contents of cell c15 of the original workbook is a customer core that we put
in. This work help us sort saved files by customer when necessary.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try something like

sub save_it
dim fname
dim fpath
fpath="c:\temp\"
fname=Format(now,"MMDDYYYY_hhmmss")
activeworkbook.saveas fpath & fname
end sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Saving a worksheet with different names wrote:
Help!!!

I recorded a macro to save as a worksheet in a workbook. I get the
save as dialog box. What I want to do is once my data is populated
in the worksheet to click my button (i want to attach my macro to )
save a new worksheet to the same directory every time with a
different name like a date.
for example
c:\temp\07152004

And also not show the save as box I don't want to have to click any
button just look in the temp directory and see file names.
is this doable?

--

Dave Peterson