Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Niceaction Niceaction is offline

Default Pivot Tables and Macros

Hi,
I'm a newbie at pivot tables, but have been asked by my boss to create one
for a bunch of end users who are even less computer literate than him!

My pivot table is set up and ready to go, but I have 4 possible "value"
fields that a user might want to see summarised within the pivot table.

What I would like is to have a drop down box with the 4 possible values in,
and everytime a user selects one - say "Actual Balance Outstanding" then it
uses that data field within the pivot table.

I can set up the drop down box using a validated list, but I am at a loss as
to how I can then automate the field selection.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks