Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DownThePaint DownThePaint is offline

Default Links broken when spreadsheet emailed

Hi Wannabe;

Try creating drawing objects and make them buttons instead of using a custom
toolbar. Then assign the macros to the drawing objects.

Thanks,

"Wannabe" wrote:

I created a spreadsheet template that has some VBA code in it, then created
two buttons to call the methods. This way, the person did not have to go to
tools, macros and find the one they needed. But when I emailed the
spreadsheet to the user, they pressed the toolbar button and it held a
reference to my computer instead of the worksheet like I thought. When I
originally set it up, I assigned the toolbar button to "ThisWorkbook.MyMacro"
and thought this would carry over to another computer without messing up the
reference. How can I prevent this from happening so a user will not have to
reassign the toolbar buttons each time it is emailed?