Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default replace . to / in dates

this code should always work

newdate = DateSerial(Mid(olddate, 7, 4), Mid(olddate, 4, 2), Left(olddate, 2))

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

try setting the column's format to TEXT before you run the change

"Prema" wrote:

I would like to change . to / of date fields in column M. If I try to find
and replace individually all works Ok but if I use replace all it seem to
change the date. For example when I use replace all for 08.03.2008 it ends up
as 03/08/2008 but 18.03.2008 changes OK to 18/03/2008. Anyone know what I can
do to stop day and month being switched when replace all is used?

Thank you
Prema