Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_2_] Patrick Molloy[_2_] is offline

Default can I force formula to be applied automatically?

an even easier way is to use the worksheet OFFSET function.

so if the data alone starts at sat A10 then in any other cell, say C10 put
this:
=OFFSET(A10,COUNTA(A:A)-1,,1)

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:33:23 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

There are two ways, EASY and HARD:

Gary's student:

There is another, even easier way, but durned if I can figure it out
completely.

Excel 2002: In one of my workbooks, in two columns of that workbook (but not
in others that also have formulas), formulas automagically get extended down
when I put a new entry into the left hand column.

I've not looked into how or why that occurs in those columns and not in others.

Under Tools/Options/Edit there is a selection item:

Extend list formats and formulas.

which is supposed to do this sort of thing.
--ron