Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default How do I prevent an error from crashing my macro?

One way is to use a function to check if the sheet exist

Function SheetExists(SName As String, _
Optional ByVal WB As Workbook) As Boolean
'Chip Pearson
On Error Resume Next
If WB Is Nothing Then Set WB = ThisWorkbook
SheetExists = CBool(Len(WB.Sheets(SName).Name))
End Function

In your macro you can use this then

If SheetExists("sheetname") = False Then

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Don M." wrote in message ...
I use this portion of my macro to import two sheets from a workbook on our
network. The problem is that sheet B 2 may or may not be there. If it is't
then the macro just needs to go on without it and just import sheet B 1. I
need to figure out how to stop the macro from stopping and giving me an error
when sheet B 2 is not there.

' Import this weeks Work Order & Wrap Work Order
ChDir "\\fileserver\data\Global\Programs\PublicationOrde ring\" & yy & mm
& sat
Workbooks.Open ("\\FileServer\Data\Global\Programs\PublicationOrd ering\"
& yy & mm & sat & "\P___" & mm & fri & yy & ".XLS")
Sheets(Array("B 1", "B 2")).Select
Sheets("B 1").Activate
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("Processor Run Sheet.xls").Activate
Sheets("B1").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Don