Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default How do I prevent an error from crashing my macro?

Hi

'Tests to see if a worksheet with the given name exists in the active
workbook
Function IsSheetThere(shName As String) As Boolean
Dim DummyWks As String
IsSheetThere = False
On Error Resume Next
DummyWks = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(shName).Name
If Err.Number = 0 Then IsSheetThere = True
End Function

If IsSheetThere("B 2") then
Sheets(Array("B 1", "B 2")).Select
etc
Else
'something else
End If

regards
Paul

On Mar 11, 4:26*pm, Don M. wrote:
I use this portion of my macro to import two sheets from a workbook on our
network. The problem is that sheet B 2 may or may not be there. If it is't
then the *macro just needs to go on without it and just import sheet B 1.. I
need to figure out how to stop the macro from stopping and giving me an error
when sheet B 2 is not there.

' Import this weeks Work Order & Wrap Work Order
* *ChDir "\\fileserver\data\Global\Programs\PublicationOrde ring\" & yy & mm
& sat
* *Workbooks.Open ("\\FileServer\Data\Global\Programs\PublicationOrd ering\"
& yy & mm & sat & "\P___" & mm & fri & yy & ".XLS")
Sheets(Array("B 1", "B 2")).Select
* * Sheets("B 1").Activate
* * Cells.Select
* * Selection.Copy
* * Windows("Processor Run Sheet.xls").Activate
* * Sheets("B1").Select
* * Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
* * * * False, Transpose:=False

Don