Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dow Dow is offline

Default Creating new worksheets and appending data from multipleworksheet

Hopefully this longer post helps explain the trouble I am having.
Thank you for your help.

The data from a report I run is large enough that it has to be put on
2 seperate worksheets each month, the tab names differ from month to
month.

I am looking for a macro that will look at a specific column in each
worksheet and split the data out into seperate tabs. For example the
values in Column K on each worksheet can be one of 5 (or more) values
A, B, C, D, or E. I want all the rows with A copied onto a seperate
sheet, all the rows with B's copied onto another sheet, etc.

The code I found by Bernie Deitrick almost works. There are some
issues I am running into.

Sometimes I get a "Run-time error '1004' Excel cannot create or use
the data range reference because it is too complex". When I go to
debug this is highlighted:

..SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy _
mySht.Range("A1")

When I put the curser over this it shows "xlCelltypeVisible=12"

It does not always do this. Even in the same month if I rerun the
data, following each steps exactly as I did before. I hope someone
can tell me why this is.

The big issue I am having is that it does not leave all the data.

I run the macro and it seems to go through both worksheets. When I go
to the created worksheets there are only enough rows to account for
one sheet. I believe it is overwriting the data from the first sheet
with the data from the second sheet.

Does anyone have any ideas how to append the data so that I get all of
the information from both sheets?