Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Neal Zimm Neal Zimm is offline

Default VBA Continuation Lines, Best Practices Mar08

Hi All,

Sub RowCol_vCellId(CellId As String, Row As Long, Col As Integer, _
Optional bShowMsgPrompt As Boolean = False)

Above is just an example of a continued Sub stmt. During development to
keep from scrolling left and right to see a whole statement I often break
them up. Then, you lose some capability when using VBE to find 'something'
since it doesn't "know" from continued lines.

Is there a "best" or is it a personal preferance ?

What are the other pro's/con's leaving continued lines in a proc once
the code is deemed production ready ? (For maintenance I envision replacing
whole procs, not adding or inserting groups of lines.)

Thanks,
Neal Z.

--
Neal Z