Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TroyT TroyT is offline

Default Need VBA/Macro help in Excel (I think)

First off, thanks for the help Mike.. The idea of going to the source is what
I have done by drilling down into the pivot table. The Pivot tables were
populated using an external data source from the template. So the template is
run and it poops it right into the pivot table, skipping the data source. I
might be able to use a different macro program I have more background it, I
just know the VBA way would be much faster. I need it to be much faster as
this will be run ~1400 times.

Thanks!

Troy T.
"Mike H." wrote:

I sort of see what you're trying to do. I think a more efficient way would
be to just go to the data that is the source of the pivottable and "run
through" it with a macro, picking up all the data that matches your criteria
and then go to your destination file and write all that information out in
the order that you wish.

I could create a simplistic example if it would help you?