Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
scott[_12_] scott[_12_] is offline

Default split in vba

I replied to a response to my earlier post and so will fill in here
Using Excel 2003
I positioned a command button around column G or H and call a macro
from it, for example.

Sub chkCell()
Dim test
test = ActiveCell.Address
MsgBox (test)
End Sub

I am using the ActiveCell to determine user input and fill in content
from other sources at the appropriate row, rather than have thousands
of vlookup formulas on the sheet.
This works fine when freeze panes is set, but with windows split it
determines the ActiveCell as A1.

I at first thought it was related to the button location, and perhaps
it is related to using the form controls.
Any ideas?

Thanks
scott

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 14:54:26 -0800, scott wrote:

No one answered previously so i will ask again.

If the window is split rather than freeze panes, in vba the
ActiveCell.Address is misdetected as A1.

Shall I just turn of the user's abiility to split a window in the
workbook? or is there a workaround?

Thanks
Scott