Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cht13er cht13er is offline

Default Variable headers

Before anyone can answer this for you, it would be good to state where
the data is coming FROM. We know it has to get pasted into a blank
sheet .. no problem. But where is it coming from? Different program?
Website? Other excel file?

Thanks!

Chris

On Mar 10, 9:11*am, Robert wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to convert a file with raw data into a particular format
that I can use to upload in a risk model.
This model requires a few specific parameters that identify which data
(portfolio) it concerns. The parameters have the following format:

* * * * A * * * * * * * * * * * * * B * * * * * * * * * * C
1 <portfolio * * * * * * * *Futures
2 <base currency * * * EUR
3 <date * * * * * * * * * * 20071231
4 <ID * * * * * * * * * * * *<IDType * * * * *<holdings

The values between < are default, all others are variable.
I already managed to make a statement that subtracts the data based on
the above parameters, the only problem I am facing is how to make a
command that automatically pastes the above fields in an empty sheet
(starting cell A1). As there are multiple portfolios I would need to
repeat this action a couple of times so if the command can also
include a command that goes to the last rows+1 and then pastes the
above parameters again.
Does anyone knows a way to capture this in a VBA statement?

All suggestions are warmly welcome!

Thanks a lot!!! Rgds, Robert