Henna Sharma Henna Sharma is offline
Junior Member

Location: Indore
Default How to combine two column labels in a pivot table

Hi,

I have created a pivot table using a range of data. The column labels are plate-1, plate-2, coi and wire-rods and the row labels are exports and imports. So I have a 4X2 table with the quantities filling the table.
What I want to do is to combine the columns plate-1 and plate-2 data, and make the 4X2 table into 3X2 table.
One way is to make the changes in the original data and rename both plate-1 and plate-2 as say, plate. But i dont want to make changes to the original data. Is there any alternate way to do so?? by making some adjustment in the pivot table itself??