Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1411_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1411_] is offline

Default weekly totals

Then if, for example, Day 1 of the month were on a Thursday, your Week1
summation would contain only Day1, Day2 and, if weekends are included, Day3
(and, depending on whether the week is considered to start on Sunday or
Monday, possibly Day4), right? If so, clarify for us if weekends are counted
or not. If not, I guess Day1 could be the 2nd or 3rd day of the month if the
month starts on a Saturday or Sunday, right?

Rick

"Hernan" wrote in message
Hello Rick,

Thanks for replying.

That is why I have 5 weeks in it rpresented, because day one not always
start on a Monday or Sunday etc...

And no I don't have a rule for week 1 except that once the date has been
retrieved and the month determined, then day 1 can be pinpointed and acted
upon.

Sorry for the malrepresentation pf my sheet. Formatting goes down the
tube,
even if it is ascii only? Well I am assuming I am writing in ascii... :/

TIA

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

In any given month, what constitutes "Week1"? Is it always the first 7
days
of the month (Day1 though Day7) or is it the physical calendar week
(Sunday
through Saturday)? If the latter, do you have any rules about where in
the
week the 1st of the month must occur?

Rick

"Hernan" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a sheet that looks like this:

A B C D
1 Report for the month of february 08
2
3 day intakes exits dns
4 1 3 0 1
5 2 1 5 0
. .
. .
. .
totals 4 5 1

and so on to the 31st day. days 30th and 31st will have nothing for the
current report.

on the side I have:

F G H I
1 totals
2 intakes exits dns
3 week1
4 week2
5 week3
6 week4
7 week5

All of this is in a protected sheet

Is there a way to get the date from the system clock and from there
calculate the totals for intakes, exits and dns for each week. All I
have
do at the beginning of each month is to change the name of the month in
course and enter the individual number of intakes, exits and dns.

Thank you in advanced.

Hernan