Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rick is offline

Default Custome Format Alpha

To Rick & Peter:
I have a cell that is for entry by keyboard. It will contain a billing
reference number, that has a format of 2digits, a dash, 9digits, a dash, and
a alpha character a thru z. All I want to do is enter that code as
follows:12123456789a, and have it show in the cell as 12-123456789-A, or
12-123456789-B, or 12-123456789-Z

"Peter T" wrote:

Try and describe what you have and what you have want to achieve.

Regards,
Peter T

"Rick" wrote in message
Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to create a format that

does
this:
07-108029827-A it's the A that needs to be a substitue alpa character,
because the A may have to be a B, or C, or D.

Thanks