Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Excel Chart

How many possible issues are there? If it's less than a dozen or so, I'd
make a line chart and show them all (not just the five worst, but perhaps
the ones which are ever fifth worst), with incidence as the Y values and
month & year as X. This way you can see the trends over time, and eyeball
the five worst each month.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Paul Ilacqua" wrote in message
I have a data set in the form as below and need to show the top 5 issues
per month in a chart. I'm
baffled as to how and what type of chart to best show this information. I
appreciate any direction someone could send me.
YY is year , MM is month etc...
Thanks
Paul

YY MM DEFECT c_1000
2007 10 Porosity-Rear Case 2.18
2007 10 Seal Leaks-Rear O/P ID 1.71
2007 10 Porosity-Rear Retainer 1.40
2007 10 Assembly Issues-High Bolt - Case 1.32
2007 10 Assembly Issues-Tight Mainshaft Spline 1.09

2007 11 Seal Leaks-Rear O/P ID 2.64
2007 11 Porosity-Rear Retainer 2.56
2007 11 Assembly Issues-Shafts Do Not Rotate 1.92
2007 11 Leak-No Leak Found 1.52
2007 11 Assembly Issues-Tight Mainshaft Spline 1.28
2007 11 Assembly Issues-Misbuild 1.28

2007 12 Damaged-Motor 3.78
2007 12 Assembly Issues-Motor - Damaged 2.92
2007 12 Seal Leaks-Rear O/P ID 2.27
2007 12 Leak-No Leak Found 1.62
2007 12 Noise-Shift Motor Noisy During Shift 1.51

2008 1 Seal Leaks-Rear O/P ID 2.70
2008 1 Damaged-Motor 1.96
2008 1 Assembly Issues-Shafts Do Not Rotate 1.59
2008 1 Hick-All Gears 1.35
2008 1 Leak-No Leak Found 1.10