Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Steve is offline

Default nothing selected in listbox, but listindex < -1

I have a multicolumn listbox on a userform. When the user selects an item,
text boxes are then filled in from the selected item.

I assumed if no item was highlighted in the listbox, then the
listbox.listindex would be -1. There are situations, however, where nothing
is selected but the listbox has a listindex of whatever the most recently
selected item was.

any ideas of what's going on here? Is there some way I can check to make
sure something is "highlighted" in the listbox?

thanks,
Steve