Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe S[_2_] Joe S[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Sorting In VB

This statement 'ExcelRangeDistList.Sort (ExcelWSheetDistList.Columns("A")),
xlAscending' works just fine in VB6 but not in VB.NET.

Here's the bigger context:
strTheRange = "A" & CStr(BeginRange) & ":G" & CStr(TotalListRowCnt)
Set ExcelRangeDistList = ExcelWSheetDistList.Range(strTheRange)
ExcelRangeDistList.Sort (ExcelWSheetDistList.Columns("A")), xlAscending

As you can see, I am selecting a range, then sort a column A which works as
expected in VB6 but not VB.NET. I've tried several different syntaxes but
sort does not work in the .NET environment. Using the above sort statement, I
get an runtime error. I could create a VB6 com module for the Excel sort,
but that defeats the purposes of getting completely off VB6. Any ideas to try
something that might work?

--
Shapiro J.