Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Autoclose excel file after x minutes of inactivity

workbook after 5 mins or whatever you want - However, this does rely on
users
enabling macro's.

In addition if the sheet is left in edit mode the macro will not run either.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"john" wrote in message
Not sure about detecting inactivity using VBA but one route may be to
consider adding an OnTime routine which would call a procedure to close
the
workbook after 5 mins or whatever you want - However, this does rely on
users
enabling macro's.

Chip Pearson has some woking examples:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx
--
JB

"Hardhit" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a possibility to automatically close an excel file after for
example 5 minutes of inactivity on the file ?

We have at our company for each department a file in which they need to
fill
in production data. 2 times per day this data is collected into an
overview
file.
But I often have to call the departments to ask them to close the file so
that I can run the collection macro's.

Regards,
Peter