Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Storing result of function directly in a variable instead of cell.

Learn to use the Object Browser. In the VB Editor (VBE), go to View menu
Object Browser. Scroll down in the left side panel to WorksheetFunction,
then scroll in the right to VLookup. It shows this syntax, which looks very
familiar, eh?

Function VLookup(Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, [Arg4])

Use the appropriate VBA syntax for the arguments:

a = worksheetfunction.vlookup(activesheet.range("A1"),
activesheet.range("B50:C60"), 2, 0)

You should have the Object Browser open whenever you're working in the VBE.
It is a source of so much assistance, you will wonder how you did anything
without it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Mak" wrote in message
When I create code excel macros in VBA I use excel functions and I have to
store them explicitly in some cell.

for eg:

dim a as integer
cells(5,6).formula = "=vlookup(A1, B50:c60,2,0)" 'correct

a = "=vlookup(A1, B50:c60,2,0)" 'incorrect-- i need to do this thing so
that I dont have to store the formula explicitly in a cell.

plz help in this regard. I would be highly obliged.

Regards,
Mak