Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] matthew.elias@gmail.com is offline

Default Organizing list of contacts in .xlsx

I have an excel spreadsheet with contact information for roughly 800
people. I would like to get this information into a more usable
format for email clients, etc. Doing this manually for this list
would be extremely time consuming. Each entry has information for
both the company and the contact.

The first issue is the format. The list is in 2 columns and some
entries have more rows than others. The spreadsheet is currently
formatted as follows:

Column A
Organization Name
Organization URL
Organization Address1 (Street)
Organization Address2 (City State Zip)

Column B
Contact Name
Contact Phone
Contact Fax
Contact Email (in hyperlink displayed only as contact's name)

My questions a

1. Is there any way to separate each field into it's own column?
2. Can I remove the display names to only display the email address
(and not the contact name hyperlinked to the mailto: address)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt