Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otter Otter is offline

Default Protect a Worksheet

Nigel,

I finally got it to work with:

Worksheets("Sales Basis").Range("G5").QueryTable.Refresh

Thanks again for your help it got me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks
Otter

"Otter" wrote:

How do I do that? I tried recording a macro but then it would let me do the
import external data option.

Thanks for all of your help on this.

"Otter" wrote:

I have a worksheet that has a parameter query that was set up through the
Import External Data option. It is set to refresh on open and it errors out
if I protect the worksheet and save it. I have tried protecting the worksheet
with code but can't seem to find the correct place to put the code. I tried
it in "This Workbook" but it protects it before the query runs and does the
update. I have put the protect in the begining of the worksheet that I want
to protect but it does not protect it. Any ideas?