Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steven steven is offline

Default Go to Last Active Window

And we have a winner. Thank you very much.

"Peter T" wrote:

If #I follow what you mean, include something like the following in your
macro

Dim wb as Workbook

Set wb = Activeworkbook ' maintain a ref' to the original workbook

' workbooks.open filename

' make the orignal workbook active
wb.Activate

Regards,
Peter T

"Steven" wrote in message
I have a macro that opens a file and then goes to that file making it the
active window. I then want to go back to the previous file but not tuse

the
name of the file because the file it goes back to can be any file (ie it

will
not always be the same file.) How do you programmatically go to the last
window open without using the file name.

Thank you,

Steven