Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Bolding using VBA

Brad,

Perhaps some sample data, the logical test to be applied and an example of
the desired output may help in your quest for assistance.

Mike

"Brad" wrote:

The project that I'm working has the following structure
If item A is true - show sentence 1
If item B is true - show sentence 2
if item C is true - show sentence 3
.
.
.
The list item is always true and show its sentence and make it bold (for
this example lets assume that there are 45 characters is this sentence).

I have the logic built to show only the "true" items. The "twist" is that
these sentences need to be in paragraph form (therefore I have a macro that
will "fill-justify these sentences into paragraph form and it works).
Therefore, the last sentence could be in the last line or the last two lines.

Is the best way to make sure the I bold the right text as follows:

Start with the last row - count how many characters are in it.
If it has more characters that the sentence that I'm concered about
activecell.characters(2,45).font.bold = True (this assumes the last
sentence is would start in position 2.

If the last row as less characters than 45 characters
bold the last row. - move up a row and bold the last (45-number of
characters from row below) characters.

I'm assuming that this will work or is there a better way to do this?

Or am I not making sense?