Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jarle Jarle is offline

Default Delete hyperlink from textbox

Thank you for helping and "pushing" me on this one.
I made your code work perfectly. The OnError did the trick.
I have several textboxes and was convinced there were a hyperlink in each.
It wasn't!

THANKS!

Dave Peterson skrev:

On which line?

And you deleted the "on error" lines that would have stopped the error from
appearing if there was no hyperlink associated with the textbox.

Jarle wrote:

I tried:

Set TBox = sh.TextBoxes("txtbox1")
TBox.ShapeRange.Item(1).Hyperlink.Delete

I get :
Run-time error 1004 Application-defined or object-defined error

Dave Peterson skrev:

What did you try?

Jarle wrote:

I can't make your code work.

I have assigned the hyperlink with vba code as follows:

sh= Thisworkbook.Worksheets(1)
With sh
.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=.Shapes("txtbox1"), _
Address:=destination, _
TextToDisplay:="text"
End With

I am able to clear TextToDisplay with code:

sh.Shapes("txtbox1").TextFrame.Characters.Text = ""

but then the address/hyperlink is still there. It is probably possible to
clear the entire content of textbox (text and hyperlink) in one operation,
but I am not able to figure it out.

I am able to

Dave Peterson skrev:

Is this a hyperlink assigned to the textbox or the value of the text in the
textbox?

I put a textbox from the Drawing toolbar on a worksheet and rightclicked on it
and assigned it a hyperlink.

Then this would delete the hyperlink:

Dim TBox As TextBox
Set TBox = ActiveSheet.TextBoxes("Text Box 1")
'in case there isn't a hyperlink
On Error Resume Next
TBox.ShapeRange.Item(1).Hyperlink.Delete
On Error GoTo 0

Jarle wrote:

I have a hyperlink in a textbox. How can I delete this hyperlink with vba code.

I have tried

Worksheets(1).Shapes("txtbox1").Hyperlinks.Delete

and similar code, but this doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Thank you

rgds
Jarle

--