Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Displaying Members in Visual Basic

Regretably you don't get intellisence with any of the Active objects like
activesheet. ActiveSheet could be a worksheet or a chart sheet which have
different properties or methods. Try this however

sub test()
dim wks as worksheet
set wks = activesheet

'now type Activesheet.

'now type wks.

end if

wks which is a worksheet should have the intellisence. ActiveSheet which
could be either a worksheet or a chart (won't be know until run time) will
not have intellisence.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"AlwaysFroosh!" wrote:

I cannot seem to figure out how to enable the member lists that drop down as
your programming in VBA. This problem only persists in Excel. Whenever I am
programming in Access or Word, I have no problem, the lists appear as they
should, but not in Excel.

When I am in VBA booted from Excel, if I pres CTRL + J, it displays a long
list, as it should. This list includes ActiveCell, ActiveChart, ActivePrinter
etc. If I move my cursor down to ActiveSheet and then type a period, I don't
get another list, I just get a windows system beep. You know the annoying one
you get when you do something wrong? That one!

Like I said, in both Access and Word, by typing a period after it allows you
to keep drilling down until you get what you want. Does anyone know why I
can't do this in Excel?